BLT Pasta Salad (slightly adapted from a Whole Foods Recipes)
- 1/2 pound gemelli pasta (called for fusilli)
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup almond milk (called for regular milk or buttermilk)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup canned corn
- 4 lightly packed cups sliced romaine or other crispy lettuce
Cook fusilli according to package directions until just tender; drain, cool under cold running water and drain again. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, almond milk, mustard, garlic and salt. Add pasta and toss until coated. Add bacon, tomatoes, corn and lettuce and toss again. Serve immediately.
Results: This dish was super quick and really delicious. Leftovers worked great for lunch today. I will definitely be making this again…Only next time, I am adding avocado!